Users can upgrade to Windows 11 by using the Windows 11 media creation tool on their current installation of Windows. Additionally, customers have the option of making a bootable disc that enables them to set up Windows 11 on any other device they may be using. One of the most common methods for installing a new version of Windows or upgrading Windows is using the Windows media creation tool.
The Windows 11 Media Creation Tool can be used to upgrade your computer to Windows 11. If you utilize the right instructions and the tool, upgrading to Windows 11 won’t be difficult for you. You’re in the proper place if you don’t know how to utilize the tool. We’ll go through how to use the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool in this article.
What Will You Need?
Let’s talk about a few things you will need before we continue with the guide for utilizing the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. To proceed with the Windows upgrade procedure using the media creation tool, you need to have a few items.
Make Sure Your Pc Can Run Windows.
Before continuing with the process, make a backup of your data. If you have a backup of the data, you can quickly restore it in the event of data loss.
Make sure your internet connection is reliable. To download Windows, upgrade your copy of Windows, or make a USB device that will boot Windows, you will need a fast internet connection.
Verify that your USB drive has at least 8GB of space. If you want to use the Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB drive rather than upgrade your version of Windows, you will require this.
How to Use the Media Creation Tool in Windows 11
Once you have everything you need, you may use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade your copy of Windows. How to upgrade to Windows 11 using the Windows 11 media creation tool will be covered in this section of the tutorial.
- To access the official Microsoft website, first, click on the link. Select “Windows 11.”
- You can now get all the information on Windows 11 there. Select “Download Now”
Employ the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool.
- Run the media creation application for Windows 11 on your computer after downloading it. The licensing terms must be accepted, as will be prompted. When you do that, a screen indicating “Getting a few things ready” will appear.
- Then, on the screen, you will see two choices: “Upgrade this PC now” and “Create Installation Media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC.”
- If you want to upgrade the PC on which you are running the Media Creation Tool, select this option.
- If you want to generate a bootable USB drive for another PC, choose the option to “Create Installation Media for Another PC.”
Option to Upgrade This Pc: Install Windows 11
If you choose to “upgrade this PC now,” then take the following actions:
- Windows 11 will start downloading using Windows Media Creation.
- You can install Windows on your computer once it has been downloaded properly.
- After you finish the installation, your PC will ask you to finish the setup.
- You can utilize Windows 11 on your system once the installation of it is complete.
Option: Make Installation Media for Another Pc
If you choose to “Create installation media for another PC,” then take the following actions:
- You will be prompted to choose the language, edition, and architecture of the Windows version you want to install after choosing choice.
- If you want the Media creation tool to choose the settings for the computer automatically, choose “Use the suggested values for this PC.” Once finished, select next.
- Next, you will see the options “USB flash drive” and “ISO file” on the window.
- The Windows media creation program will make a bootable USB drive for you if you choose this option to create a USB flash drive.
- The media creation tool will download the ISO file if you choose this option.
- The ISO file can be burned later to make a bootable DVD or USB drive.
- Make sure to connect a USB drive with at least 8GB of storage if you choose the “USB flash drive” option.
- The media creation application will start downloading Windows 11 and automatically start burning it to the USB flash drive.
- The Windows 11 ISO file will be downloaded if you choose the ‘ISO file option. With the aid of burning programs like Power ISO, you can afterward burn it. Such programs can be used to USB-burn the ISO file.
- Connect the bootable USB drive of Windows 11 to the computer that you wish to upgrade to Windows 11 after creating it.
- Boot into BIOS after inserting the USB disc, then install Windows.
This Is How You Upgrade Your Computer to Windows 11 Using the Windows 11 Media creation tool. To use the Windows 11 media creation tool, carefully follow the instructions provided in this article.
Stay tuned to enviro360 for more infotainment news.