Copy or cut text or other items from one location, then paste them into another location. These methods work in most apps. The Universal Clipboard feature allows you to copy and paste text, pictures, photos, and videos from one Apple device to another. Recipes, for instance, can be copied from a Mac and pasted into a note on a nearby iPhone. You could also cut and paste a file from one Mac into a different Mac folder.
Cut and paste text is one of the most fundamental and useful keyboard shortcuts. Rather than retyping text that you see on a website into an email or document, you may just copy and paste it, saving you time and preserving the integrity of the original text and graphics.
Having familiarity with the many methods available for copying and pasting on a Mac will serve you well no matter the nature of your copying and pasting needs. On Apple products, you may even cut and paste text between them.
- Digitally duplicated: Click and drag to highlight the text you wish to copy
- On a Mac, you can copy by selecting Edit > Copy or pressing Command-C
- There is a time limit on pasting the copied content onto other devices.
To paste something on a device, move the cursor to the location where you want to copy and paste it. On the iPad, for instance, if you double-tap, you may then select Paste from the contextual menu.
How to Copy and Paste on Mac with Keyboard Shortcuts
- Highlight the text you want to copy using your mouse or trackpad.
- Hold the Command key, then press the “C” key to copy the highlighted text.
- Click to place the cursor where you want to paste the copied text.
- Hold the Command key, then press the “V” key to paste
Read More: Myspace Login: How Do I Get Into My Old MySpace Account?
Copy or Cut
Start by selecting the text or other item to be copied or cut. Then use one of these steps to save the item to your Clipboard so that it can be pasted elsewhere.
- Press Command-C.
- Or choose Edit > Copy from the menu bar.
- Or Control-click (or right-click) the item you selected, then choose Copy from the shortcut menu.
- Press Command-X.
- Or choose Edit > Cut from the menu bar.
- Or Control-click (or right-click) the item you selected, then choose Cut from the shortcut menu.
Paste, or paste and match style
First click to place your insertion point, then use one of these steps to paste your copied item at that location. When you paste and match style, the pasted item matches the font, color, size, or another style of the surrounding content.
- Press Command-V.
- Or choose Edit > Paste from the menu bar.
- Or Control-click (or right-click) the item you selected, then choose Paste from the shortcut menu.
Paste and Match Style
- Press Option-Shift-Command-V.
- Or choose Edit > Paste and Match Style from the menu bar
For More Updates Visit Our Website enviro360