When it comes to streaming multichannel television in the United States, DirecTV Stream is the name of a group of services known as DirecTV Stream.
Infrastructure and software used by all of the services are shared.
In March 2020, DirecTV Stream, formerly known as AT&T TV, will become nationwide as AT&T TV and replace DirecTV’s conventional satellite service. While traditional television companies sell their services on a contract and package them with other services, Android TV-based set-top boxes are used instead. There are no local or sports networks included in AT&T WatchTV, which was launched in June 2018. In an effort to take on rival over-the-top television providers, AT&T TV Now (formerly DirecTV Now) was introduced on November 30, 2016 as a direct-to-consumer service.
By 2021, AT&T plans to divide DirecTV, U-Verse and AT&T TV into a distinct business, with a 30% interest going to TPG Capital and a 70% stake remaining with AT&T. On August 2, 2021, the service changed its name to reflect the agreement.
THE MANAGEMENT OF ACCOUNTS :
- Now is the time to create your own unique identification number.
- What if you don’t have an ID yet? Create an AT&T myAT&T account now
- select the first account you’d want to manage.
CONTENT & ADVICE:
Verify to see if you already have a username.
It’s a good thing! It’s possible that you already have a username.
If you use myAT&T to manage any of these accounts or services, you already have one.
It’s possible to combine your cellular phone or DSL service with AT&T Internet and DIRECTV to get the best of both worlds (if we sent you an Access ID when you ordered your service)
Wearables using NumberSyncSM1
A single AT&T ID can be used to access and administer various AT&T services and accounts. Find out how to add other accounts to your account.
What if you can’t remember your ID? We’ll issue you a new one if you go to the myAT&T sign-in page and click the Forgot ID option.
Is this your first time out? You’ll have to create a new account.
Set up a user ID:
- Choose Create one immediately from the myAT&T sign-in page.
- To get started, you’ll need your AT&T phone number or account number and your billing address. A verification code may also be requested of you.
- You can select from the alternatives provided if you already have a user ID for the account in question.
- To verify your identification, you must provide your personal information.
- If requested, select the method of receiving your verification code.
- Enter the verification code we’ve sent you in the space provided.
- Change your username and password to something more memorable. Use an email address beginning with a letter as your username.
- If you’d like, you may save your username and password to your phone or tablet.
- Enter your user ID’s contact information here.
- Security questions and answers should be set up in 10
- Allow AT&T’s User ID terms and conditions to be accepted.
- If asked, select whether or not you wish to opt out of paperless billing. We’ll provide you a link through email if you decide to ditch the paper. Select this option to authenticate your email.
- If you’re in the middle of setting up your device and need to create an ID, click Finish Activation.
Frequently Asked Question about AT&T TV App Troubleshooting:
Whenever I open AT&T TV, I’m seeing a black screen.
A typical issue with Android is that it doesn’t work. Once an app has been opened, the screen will go dark for many seconds until it crashes, either with or without an error message. There are just a few options for resolving this issue.
- In most cases, it is only a loading problem. Pressing the Recent Apps button on your phone is all you need to do to access the app store. After that, you should uninstall the offending software.
- Reopen the app now. Maybe it’ll function as expected.
- Give your Android phone a hard reset. You may achieve this by holding down both of your phone’s buttons at the same time for as long as 10 seconds.
- The screen will not come on until you let go of the buttons and then press and hold “Power” till you have released them. At this point, you are free to attempt opening the application.
- Wait until your phone’s battery runs out and it shuts itself off. Alternatively, you may try one of the other methods listed above. After that, simply plug it in to charge and turn it on. After this, it could work.
- The last resort is to remove the software and reinstall it if everything else fails. It’s common for Android to restore all of the app’s settings when you re-install and log in. Try it out and see if it helps!
- The re-install procedure may also fail in rare instances. Consider installing previous versions if that’s what you’re experiencing. Do your best!
It’s time to log in:
Guidelines for creating strong passwords:
- Follow our AT&T password guidelines to create a strong and secure password.
- If you wish to use your fingerprint to check in to the myAT&T app, save your password on your phone.
Secondary or primary online access:
- With your user ID, you may log in to many online accounts at the same time. If the account is in your name, you have primary access.
- However, if your name does not appear on the bill, you can still get online using a second account. A co-managing option is available online.
- You may have main access to some accounts and secondary access to others, depending on your user ID. Here’s how to control who has access to your online ID or accounts.
Customers that use wireless service:
- Using NumberSync for wearables, connect your phone to a compatible wearable.
- Add the account to your identity only if your cellular service is enabled.