Knowing how to keep up with Instagram’s frequent updates is crucial, as the popular app’s functionality and feature set are always evolving. Here’s the latest Instagram update for both iOS and Android.
For years, Instagram has been a top photo-sharing app, attracting millions of users who check in to see what their friends, family, and favorite celebrities are up to and share some of the greatest photos from their own life.
With the advent of competing for video-sharing applications like TikTok, however, Instagram has been making some adjustments to meet user demand. As a result, we see an increase in video-centric features like Reels and others.
The organization is continually searching for ways to improve and innovate, so it’s crucial that you have the most recent version of the app installed at all times to take advantage of the newest features and capabilities as they become available.
Here’s how to update on both iOS and Android.
How to Update Instagram on IOs
Updating Instagram on your Apple device is no different from any other app:
- Launch the App Store
- Tap the ‘Search’ tab at the bottom.
- Type ‘Instagram’ and search.
- Where the app is listed in the results, tap the ‘Update’ button (note: If the button instead says ‘Open,’ it means you are already up to date.)
Read more: Spotify Login: Step by Step Guide
How to Update Instagram on Android
The process of updating Instagram on Android isn’t all too different from iOS.
- Launch the Google Play Store.
- In the search bar at the top, type ‘Instagram’ and hit enter.
- Next to the Instagram listing, tap ‘Update’ (note: If the button instead says ‘Open,’ it means you are already up to date.)
Staying updated means you’ll be able to explore Instagram’s new features as and when they come out, and it can even help troubleshoot if you’re having technical difficulties.